Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Best Friends!


A boy and his dog!

Parker LOVES Stewart, our miniature schnauzer. Conner finds Stew interesting from time to time, but Parker adores him. He's always chasing Stew around the house, patting him, playing with his ears and tail (nub, lol). He squeals and claps his hands whenever Stewart plays with him. He would love to ride Stewart like a pony, but the dog just will not cooperate. I can't imagine why! Parker outweighs the poor dog by about 10lbs now. But Stewart is a good sport.
At the lake, I was letting Parker brush his own teeth while I was brushing Conner's. My mom said, "I hate to tell you this, but Parker is brushing Stewart's teeth with his toothbrush." Sure enough! He wasn't just brushing the dog's teeth, Parker was sharing the tooth brushing experience with his beloved friend. "First brush my teeth, then Stew's. Then mine, then Stew's...."
YUCKY!!! Ugh, ugh, ugh!!! Parker was not pleased that his happy little grooming session was cut short when I ran over there and rescued him from doggy germs by taking the toothbrush and discreetly throwing it away. He's lucky it was me there and not his Daddy. Jerry would have rinsed it off and put it back in the bathroom, lol. And he would have been fine, but it grossed me out! So, we had to take a few minutes away from our all day outdoor play to go buy Parker a new toothbrush.
I still let him brush his own teeth (I brush them too of course), but now I'm watching him a bit closer so he won't share his toothbrush with his best friend. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment